Thursday, March 10, 2011

How can I get more visitation with my daughter, if the judge granted my ex full rights?

I left my husband four years ago and he wouldn't let me take the car, so I thought the best thing to do would be to let him keep her till i could get a car and get on my feet. Well the next week I was back in town to visit with her and I was served divorce paper by a private detective because he told the judge he had know idea where i was and that was a complete lie. I was divorced six months before I even knew I was. He was granted full custody of my little girl. And he says he doesn't even have to let me see her but he does just to be nice. We started out at one month during the summer because I have moved home to Wv and they live in Ill. The visitation has moved up to six weeks during the summer. and we have been separated for five years now. I usually have to drive all the way to Du Quoin to to pick her up and hell meet me at the halfway point to pick her up. I just think that now that she is ten and is starting her way into puberty and a teenager that she really needs her mom. And now that my little girl is wanting much more time with me now, such as she suggested staying the whole summer and to the first report card her and then being transferred to Du Quoin schools. He now wants me to get the four weeks summer break with her.???? I just don't think he should be allowed to do that. I tried get a lawyer soon as all this happened but she just took my 1200.00 and nothing was done. I didn't even get to go in front of a judge to try and get something in writing so i know he has to give me more time with her. Doesn't say that if one parent is being uncooperative they lose all rights? I think that's the way it should be. I don't think I deserve to loose out on my child's life because I could no longer be with someone so controlling Im really at my wits end here. The only reason I got married is because that's what my family expected me to do because I had a child with the man. I am to nice of a person and My mother told me I should just pack up and leave while he was at work but, I just couldn't do that to him, I couldn't imagine him coming home to our house and his wife and only child had moved almost 600 miles away. And It just feels that because I am to soft of a person I was ran through, done so dirty. It breaks my heart how he tries to keep my from her life. Shes my heart, my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment